- Integrity and trust are the foundation of great relationships.
- Knowledge and quality are minimum requirements.
- Communication is a two-way street.
- Transparency breeds accountability.
- Fostering community fosters growth.
SHARP TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS, ABILITY TO CONSULT, LOVES TECHNOLOGY AND GADGETS, AND UNDERSTANDS HOW IT CAN MAKE A BUSINESS RUN MORE PROFITABLY. Does this describe you?? Then team up with The HelpDesk Company for a career that is both challenging and rewarding.
The HelpDesk Company is a full-service managed services provider based in Richmond, VA. We help our clients maximize their profitability and productivity by providing a stable infrastructure, proactive management, highly responsive expert support, strategic direction, and business continuity planning.
We incorporate systems, processes, tools and best practices into a suite of managed services that increase user productivity, stabilize costs and improve security. Our solutions include network installation services, virtualization services, consulting, and hardware and software solutions. We have strong relationships with the top IT vendors (Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, HP, Lenovo, etc.).
We have a great team and are currently seeking another Support Engineer. As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for helping our clients get the most out of their IT infrastructure. You will pinpoint areas for improvement and recommend solutions to monitor, manage, secure, and improve their networks.
This is NOT a traditional help desk/customer support center environment with multi-level support. Support Engineers work in a collaborative team environment, provide support across all levels, and are responsible for assigned accounts with which they develop strong one-on-one relationships.
We provide a lucrative opportunity in the growing IT fields of security and managed services!
We are currently seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Desire to be more than just a break/fix person
- Commitment to Customer Service with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to follow company procedures and best practices
- Sense of ownership and accountability for your work
- Understanding of and appreciation for impact of technology on business
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues and providing general support to multiple clients (help desk and/or field support)
- Professional demeanor with the proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- At least 3-5 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Hyper-V and Server.
- Interest in professional development and obtaining/maintaining technical certifications
- Experience documenting work (use of a ticketing system ideal)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, team-centered environment
- Experience troubleshooting network issues
- Experience supporting any of the following technologies: Windows Desktops, Office 365, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Azure, VMware, Cisco, Calyptix, ESET, OpenDNS and Apple OS
- At least one technical certification (A+, MCP, VSP, CCA, etc.) and preferably a college degree
In addition to working in a collaborative team environment within a dynamic, forward-thinking organization, you will also enjoy excellent compensation and benefits.
- Personalized career development plan
- Comprehensive benefits including health and dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan with company matching
Hours are generally Monday – Friday from 8AM – 5PM, excluding company-recognized paid holidays. Team members also share rotation of off-hours on-call time, but receiving an emergency call after hours is very unusual.The HelpDesk Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with The HelpDesk Company depends solely on your qualifications.